Manuel Escobar counsels private companies and individuals across multiple industries, working closely on transactional matters with business owners and senior management. He assists clients with business formation and ownership from entity selection to dissolution, as well in as a broad range of other transactional matters for both for-profit and nonprofit entities, including ownership structure, drafting formation and operating documents, and advising on corporate governance. Manuel has helped a variety of businesses and individuals form, wind down, and buy and sell businesses across Texas.
Manuel's securities law practice includes working with private placement transactions involving small and medium-sized companies, including review and qualification for state and federal securities exemptions as well as drafting offering memorandums and related subscription documents. Manuel has also assisted clients with numerous real estate transactions. His experience includes drafting contracts, deeds, deed covenants and restrictions, and easement agreements as well as reviewing and negotiating small and large commercial leases.
Manuel has worked with clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs and small business owners to oil and gas companies and operators, cooperative associations, hospitals and healthcare providers, real estate developers, property managers, landlords, restaurant owners, doctors, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverage manufacturers, and more.
Manuel has experience counseling clients across a wide range of corporate and business transactions. His experience includes:
- Assisting with the formation and dissolution of business entities, both for-profit and nonprofit, including entity selection, ownership structure, drafting governance documents and advising on corporate governance.
- Assisting with conversions and mergers of business entities for nonprofit status.
- Assisting with conversions and mergers of qualifying entities for nonprofit status.
- Resolving entity filing errors and failures to register. Purchasing and selling businesses of various sizes.
- Reviewing and drafting of a variety of contracts including: letters of intent, purchase and sale agreements, employment agreements, intellectual property licensing and transfer agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, website terms and conditions, waivers and releases, master service agreements, privacy policies and requests for proposals.
- Drafting of new distributor agreements and amendments for a national food company following the acquisition of a local beverage manufacturer.
- Reviewing a worldwide repository of confidentiality agreements for an oil and gas producer.
- Business disputes and resolution.
- Succession planning including delayed and staged transfers and transfer restrictions.
Manuel has assisted clients with numerous real estate transactions. His experience includes:
- Drafting of purchase and sale contracts, deeds, deed covenants and restrictions, and easement agreements.
- Reviewing and drafting of materialman’s and mechanic’s liens.
- Reviewing and preparing of commercial leases.
Manuel’s experience in this area includes:
- Drafting and reviewing of asset purchase agreements and related documents for mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Providing due diligence review of documents in connection with the purchase of businesses.
Manuel’s experience in this area includes:
- Assisting clients with private placement transactions involving small and medium-sized companies, including review and qualification for state and federal securities exemptions.
- Assisting clients with the drafting of offering memorandums and related subscription documents for private placements.
Manuel's experience in this area includes, but is not limited to, assisting in a variety of corporate transactions for a Texas hospital district as set forth below:
- Creation of subsidiary entities and organizations, both for-profit and nonprofit
- Corporate records organization and review
- Corporate governance issues
- Commercial leasing
- Real estate purchases, sales and financing
- Complex joint venture transactions
- Review of bond financing and indenture documents
- Physician recruitment agreements and planning
Manuel has assisted with the purchases and sales of physician and veterinary practices.