Travis has represented clients in complex business and intellectual property litigation in state and federal courts. He has handled numerous arbitrations across the United States. Travis’s commercial litigation experience includes breach of contract, intellectual property, oil and gas, employment contracts, legal malpractice defense, real estate disputes and technology licensing. In the areas of technology and intellectual property, his experience spans patent, trademark and copyright infringement, as well as trade secret litigation and licensing disputes.
Travis is also experienced in oil and gas litigation, including matters in South Texas and the Eagle Ford Shale Play. His oil and gas experience includes disputes involving title issues, drilling operations and surface damage, royalty underpayment, offset and development, bad faith pooling, cessation of production and lease termination.
Travis’s intellectual property litigation experience includes:
- Handling multiple patent infringement cases throughout Texas, including cases in Waco, Austin, San Antonio, and Marshall, Texas. These cases involved a wide array of technologies, including semiconductor chips, enterprise software, alarm monitoring systems, and ANDA pharmaceutical drug litigation.
- Handling more than 50 trademark infringement cases, including a state-wide program for enforcing trademarks for a multi-national company.
- Handling several copyright infringement and Lanham Act cases, both as plaintiff and as defendant.
- Handling trade secret cases both as plaintiff and defendant.
- Defending a multi-million dollar project management dispute involving a software conversion, and winning a verdict on a counterclaim
Travis’s oil and gas litigation experience includes:
- Winning a summary judgment as lead counsel for a Fortune 500 oil and gas company in a title dispute in South Texas.
- Handling multiple title disputes for properties located in the Eagle Ford Shale Play.
- Handling numerous royalty underpayment cases involving royalty accounting and an alleged failure to develop including numerous matters arising from the Eagle Ford Shale Play.
- Handling several lease termination disputes arising from an alleged cessation of production or an alleged failure to produce in paying quantities.
- Serving as lead counsel in several disputes involving the provision of oilfield services, including disputes arising from accounting irregularities.
- Acting as lead counsel in multiple disputes arising from drilling operations and casing failures.
- Serving as lead counsel in multiple surface damage disputes, including disputes involving the disposal of saltwater.
- Acting as lead or co-counsel in numerous matters involving oilfield equipment failures throughout the United States.
Travis has served as lead counsel for the defense in a legal malpractice action that resulted in a favorable settlement for the defendants. He has acted as lead or co-counsel in residential and commercial construction disputes, and as lead counsel in numerous disputes involving real estate conveyances including farm and ranch, commercial and residential transactions.
Travis also counsels employees and employers in disputes involving covenants not to compete, non-disclosure agreements and wrongful termination.