Corporate & Business Transactions
McGinnis Lochridge represents clients throughout Texas and the United States in evaluating and achieving their legal objectives. Our clients include individuals, private and public companies and non-profits, ranging from emerging businesses to multinational corporations.
We provide transactional and tax advice, assist in structuring and completing major transactions, and consult with clients to resolve major business and ownership issues. We handle a broad range of transactional matters, including equity and debt financings; mergers and acquisitions; private equity transactions; formation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships; employee compensation and agreements; and federal and state tax planning, compliance and controversies.
Our collective experience has included:
- Forming new business enterprises by creating corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and other entities under the laws of Texas, Delaware or other states.
- Assisting with the development of new business plans, along with operating agreements and other basic rules for governance and compliance.
- Guiding clients on financing matters such as stock placement, acquisition financing, equity issuance, debt placement and structure project financing, as well as investment plans and the issuance of securities and bonds.
- Counseling boards on a variety of issues including fiduciary duty issues and officer, director and shareholder relationships and obligations.
- Guiding clients regarding the requirements of executive, officer and employee compensation and benefits, including stock options.
- Preparing offering and financial disclosure documents to comply with the requirements of both state and federal securities regulators.
- Assisting with a wide range of negotiations from simple negotiations with potential partners and investments to create startup entities, to complex matters involving acquisitions, sales, issuance of securities and the development of new lines of business.
- Advising clients on state and federal tax issues including margin or franchise tax questions, federal tax issues, local property and sales taxes and other state level taxes.