The attorneys in our Real Estate Practice Group represent clients in connection with major commercial and mixed use retail developments, as well as residential and industrial properties. Our clients include buyers, sellers, developers and lenders.
Our services include advising about and negotiating purchases and sales, assisting with financing, drafting contracts and agreements, and obtaining the necessary governmental approvals for proposed developments.
For decades, McGinnis Lochridge attorneys have worked with clients desiring to locate new industrial, manufacturing, service, office and high-tech facilities within Texas. Our attorneys have a thorough knowledge of city, county and state ordinances and regulations that govern and affect the acquisition of land and business startups. Our Real Estate Practice Group provides comprehensive assistance to new, relocating and expanding businesses and developments, including counseling on construction and operational startup issues.
Our considerable experience with development agreements includes:
- Negotiating agreements for master-planned communities.
- Drafting contracts with architects, engineers and contractors.
- Counseling on real estate, governmental relations and non-profit homeowner association matters related to master-planned communities.
- Representing county government in developing subdivision and environmental protection regulations.
Our attorneys are also well versed in public/private partnerships. We have significant experience in creating special partnership agreements, along with tax-increment financing districts and other special districts for the purpose of financing long-term real estate development projects.
Water and Sewer Utility Services Matters
Our experience in securing governmental utility entitlements for various developments includes:
- Representing real estate development companies in securing water and sewer service from cities and other utility providers.
- Representing a real estate developer in the creation and operation of water districts related to the provision of water and wastewater service.
- Securing water service from local water supply companies.
Mixed-Use Development Matters
Our experience with mixed-use developments includes:
- Assisting clients in the acquisition, sales, leasing, franchising and operations of hotels, resorts, restaurants and office buildings.
- Assisting clients in zoning, permitting, land acquisition, private placement of equity interest, ground leases, construction contracts, financing and other matters.
- Representing restaurant owners and franchisees regarding acquisitions, sales and operations.
- Representing a major corporation in the sale and leasing of an office complex and plant site totaling more than 1,000,000 square feet.
Real Estate Transactions
We have substantial experience in real estate transactional work which includes:
- Representing developers in the zoning, subdivision, permitting and sale of mixed-use developments.
- Representing tenants and landlords in all phases of landlord/tenant transactions.
- Representing clients in financing negotiation and closings for a variety of real estate projects.
- Negotiating the terms of limited partnership agreements, limited liability companies and other entities for the acquisition and development of real property.