Tax Planning & Controversy
McGinnis Lochridge provides counsel through every step of the tax planning process. We represent business in all federal, state, local, and international tax controversy matters. We have experience working with organizations including, tax exempt, tax-free reorganizations, C Corporations and shareholders, LLCs, and members taxation of partnerships and partners, S Corporations and shareholders.
Our experience includes:
- Providing guidance through choice-of-entity decisions.
- Advising clients on employee vs. independent contractor tax issues.
- Guiding clients through the tax effects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Assisting with employment taxes.
- Representing clients against national and international tax authorities.
- Structuring transactions to qualify for tax credits, such as low income housing tax credit.
- Advising clients on any exchange of like-kind properties (Section 1031).