Greg is an experienced lead transactional lawyer for clients in real estate, finance and general business. He represents buyers, sellers, lenders and borrowers in sizeable real estate and lending transactions, acquisitions, sales, leases, refinancings, workouts and foreclosures. Greg has extensive experience in asset and business sales and purchases, as well as the formation and liquidation of legal entities. He also represents clients in corporate and securities matters.
Greg’s experience encompasses complicated real estate negotiations involving a wide variety of properties, including office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, apartments, restaurants, subdivisions, warehouses, water rights and intellectual property.
Greg’s real estate experience includes:
- Assisting clients in the acquisition, sales, development, leasing, franchising and operations of hotels, resorts, restaurants, office buildings and subdivisions.
- Assisting clients in matters related to mixed-use developments, including zoning, permitting, land acquisition, private placement of equity interest, ground leases, construction contracts and financing.
- Representing restaurant owners and franchisees regarding acquisitions, sales and operations.
Greg has represented sellers and buyers in the sale and acquisition of the assets and business of companies involving locally-based business up to Fortune 100 companies.
Greg has counseled corporate clients on employment matters and incentives, real estate matters and general business issues.
Greg’s broad experience is based in representing financial institutions and borrowers in large mortgage and asset-based loan transactions, as well as in sophisticated financing transactions for utility companies.
News & Publications
- Speaker, Changing Standards for the Business Judgment Rules, Annual Conference, Farm Credit Bank System Corporate CounselOctober 2004
Community & Professional
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Visit Austin (formerly Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau): Board of Directors (Executive Committee, Secretary, Past Chair)
- Recipient of the 2013 Bruce Walcutt Spirit of Hospitality Award, Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1984 (with honors, Order of the Coif, Phi Delta Phi)
The University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., 1981 (with highest honors)
Certified Public Accountant - Texas