Job Summary: The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the facilities and operations of the Houston office of a Texas regional law firm. This position oversees reception, hospitality, office services, facilities, operations and processes, and procedures, library, and supports and assists Legal Staff and Attorneys as necessary. The Office Coordinator reports to the Operations Administrative Manager.
McGinnis Lochridge is a Texas-based firm providing quality legal services for more than 90 years. We work with individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, and multinational Fortune 500 corporations in more than 20 practice areas. From our offices in Austin, Dallas, Decatur, Houston and McAllen, we represent clients throughout Texas and the U.S. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, paid training, parking allowance, full benefits, 401(k), profit sharing plan, paid leave time, and business casual work environment. Visit www.mcginnislaw.com for more information.
- Oversee office staff; office services, reception, and assist legal staff when needed and support attorneys as requested. Overflow and back up for all office functions.
- Coordinate with all facility and operations service providers and vendors, and liaison with building management and security
- Oversee all facility, operational, and administrative processes, and procedures
- Provide accounting support, invoice submittal, ordering, and expense approvals
- Provide local office support for firmwide internal events and client events
- Work closely with other managers, administration, and office staff to ensure smooth running of the office and integration with firmwide culture and activities
- Cover for receptionist, office services, and staff as needed
- Facilitate all records and file retention under the supervision of the Manager.
- Assist will all publication updates and organization
- Assist with basic IT needs.
- Overall responsibility for office operations and facilities
- Support office with basic information technology support, conference center, and teams call.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- Minimum of 5 years’ prior work experience in a similar role in a professional services environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, and enterprise document management and timekeeping software
- Experience in basic accounting processes and software
- Experience in high volume, detailed, custom client billing
- Experience in employee supervision and training
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, cooperative, and client-centric spirit that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Strong leadership, collaborative, and consensus-building skills to work closely and successfully with attorneys, managers, and staff
- Project management, including demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, analyze, organize, attend to detail, follow through, delegate, and negotiate
- Able to identify and analyze issues and problems in operations, and recommend and implement solutions
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment, and to respond effectively with calm, resourcefulness, and flexibility in demanding situations
How to Apply
- Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.