McGinnis Lochridge seeks an ambitious, professional, and intelligent individual with diverse perspective and unique background, education, or experience to join our established litigation team.
The ideal candidate will have between two and four years’ applicable experience, strong academic credentials, be highly motivated, able to work both independently and as a team player and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position is full time, partnership track, and will be located in Houston, Texas.
- Research and draft pleadings, discovery demands and responses, motions, briefs, correspondence, and other legal documents
- Handle depositions, hearings, and trials
- Interact directly with clients and prosecute own cases and those provided by the Firm and its partners
- Counsel clients on legal matters
- Work closely with other attorneys and litigation team members
- Participate in firm-sponsored meetings and events
- Be active in community, pro bono, and professional activities
- Bachelor’s degree and J.D., with top 20% class ranking
- Texas law license
- 2 to 4 years of litigation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills
- Professional entrepreneurial, team-oriented, and client-centric mind-set that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Ability to work independently and responsibly
- Mock trial and/or moot court experience preferred
- Law Review Preferred
- Judicial clerkship preferred
McGinnis Lochridge is a Texas-based firm proudly providing the highest quality legal services for more than 90 years. We work with individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, and multinational Fortune 500 corporations in more than 20 practice areas. From our offices in Austin, Dallas, Decatur, and Houston, we represent clients throughout Texas and the U.S. McGinnis Lochridge has a longstanding and unwavering commitment to hiring and developing associate attorneys through hands-on experience and a close working relationship between partners and associates. We actively foster a collegial and friendly atmosphere and workplace environment, while upholding the highest standards. We work to maintain a balanced culture, believing that outside interests and strong community bonds make better lawyers. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, paid training, parking, full benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, and paid leave. Visit www.mcginnislaw.com for more information.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and type in the subject line: Houston Associate Attorney Applicant.
McGinnis Lochridge is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at McGinnis Lochridge are considered without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or genetic information, among other protected bases.