The Legal Administrative Assistant provides administrative support services for a group of litigation and transactional attorneys. This position may also be asked to handle additional office administrational duties.
For more than 95 years, McGinnis Lochridge has provided legal expertise through its offices in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Decatur and McAllen Texas. McGinnis Lochridge provides legal counsel on business and financial matters, as well as advocacy for clients before administrative agencies, at the State Capitol, and in courthouses across Texas and throughout the Southwest. The firm serves clients in many areas, including oil and gas, electric energy, employment law, financial services, international trade law, commercial litigation, technology, trust and estates, healthcare, hospitality, higher education, and real estate. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, paid training, parking allowance, paid leave time, and business casual work environment. Visit mcginnislaw.com for more information.
- Draft, type, format, and revise many different types of legal, agency, and business documents. Proofs documents for accuracy.
- Provides customer service to incoming clients, vendors and colleagues through email, telephone, voicemail. Provides timely and effective follow-up and follow-through on outstanding matters.
- Schedule and coordinate depositions, court reporters, and videographers.
- Input information into a time and billing and document management systems.
- Calendar deadlines from incoming mail, pleadings, and hearings.
- Open new matters utilizing firm computer program; prepares physical files for new matters; gathering necessary information to complete conflicts checks, performs conflict of interest checks and maintains all client and general files.
- Prepares and submits court filings through in State and Federal Courts; prepares paper files as needed. Performs e-filing/service of legal documents and makes service on opposing parties.
- Makes appointments for attorney(s). Makes travel arrangements for attorneys and creates/submits reimbursement/expenses reports to accounting department upon completion of travel.
- Receive and make telephone calls, open and sort mail, and perform other administrative duties as assigned.
- Maintain privacy rules by not revealing information other than to the appropriate parties involved in a legal action.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training from a business/vocational school or other legal education preferred
- 5 years legal secretary experience
- Proficient with local, state, and federal filing rules, elementary legal procedures, and legal and business terminology
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with any enterprise time and billing system, preferably SurePoint (LMS) and ITimekeep.
- Familiar with any document management system, preferably iManage
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Professional, polite, and positive client-centric attitude
- Legal Secretary or Legal Administrative experience preferred.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter is required, and applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Education: Bachelor's (Preferred)
Experience: Microsoft Office: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person