Job Summary: The Estate Planning Paralegal prepares probate filings, maintains docket of probate matters, takes meetings with clients and investigates facts and other documents in order to provide substantive legal support and case management to a group of three (3) or more attorneys who perform work in the areas of complex wealth preservation and estate planning.
McGinnis Lochridge is a Texas-based firm proudly providing the highest quality legal services for more than 90 years. We work with individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, and multinational Fortune 500 corporations in more than 20 practice areas. From our offices in Austin, Dallas, and Houston, we represent clients throughout Texas and the U.S. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, paid training, parking, full benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, paid leave, and a business casual work environment. Visit www.mcginnislaw.com for more information.
- Understands and takes ownership of assigned cases, matters, and projects, and is responsible for client contact and case management
- Prepares, organizes, screens, and reviews all case, matter, and project documents and materials
- Identifies, analyzes, and synthesizes information to move cases, matters, and projects forward; assesses underlying issues and implications; and highlights potential issues for the attorneys
- Drafts trusts, wills, or related documents
- Works directly with clients for signing of documentation
- Contacts other court, office, and agency personnel as required to obtain information needed for case, matter, and project work
- Communicates with clients as directed by the attorneys
- Assists attorneys in identifying and developing process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Training from a paralegal program or paralegal certification preferred
- 5 years paralegal experience, including (1) build, and maintain client relationships, (2) case management and ownership responsibilities, and (3) experience drafting a wide breadth and depth of legal documents
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Familiar with systems, processes, and applications used in the legal environment, including enterprise time and billing (Elite), ProDoc, Pacer, Texas E-filing systems, and DMS (iManage) systems/applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills, prioritization, and problem-solving,
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment, and to respond effectively with calm, resourcefulness, and flexibility in demanding situations
- Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, cooperative, and client-centric spirit that embraces diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. A cover letter (including salary expectation) is required, and applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.