The ERISA partner/of counsel will have seven to ten years applicable experience and be a member of the Firm’s employment and employee benefits practice group. This position can be part time or full time, partnership track, and may be located in Austin, Dallas, or Houston.
ERISA partner/of counsel available for experienced employee benefits attorney with expertise in a broad range of employee benefit matters, including pension and retirement plans, group health plans, welfare benefit plans, stock option/stock grant plans, and executive compensation arrangements.
Key expertise should include comprehensive knowledge of ERISA and Tax Code laws and regulations applicable to: (i) qualified and non-qualified pension and retirement plans, including 401(k), 403(b), and 457(b) plans; (ii) arrangements subject to 409A, 457(f), and top-hat plans; (iii) group health plans, including the ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, HITECH, and GINA; (iv) various welfare benefit plans, including cafeteria plans, wellness plans, health FSAs, HSAs, dependent care arrangements, long-term and short-term disability plans, and life insurance plans and arrangements. Experience in advising fiduciaries on compliance and recent developments related to fiduciary obligations, and in representing plan sponsors in IRS and DOL correction programs and governmental audits is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree and J.D.
- Licensed in the State of Texas
- 7 to 10 years of ERISA legal experience
- Demonstrated business development experience and success
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, SalesForce or other customer relationship management software, iManage or other document management system, and Elite or other enterprise timekeeping system
- Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, proactive, cooperative, and positive client-centric attitude that embraces diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About McGinnis Lochridge
For more than 90 years, McGinnis Lochridge has provided legal expertise through its offices in Austin, Houston, Dallas and Decatur, Texas. We are the oldest law firm in Austin and have more than 70 attorneys in the firm. McGinnis Lochridge provides legal counsel on business and financial matters, as well as advocacy for clients before administrative agencies, at the State Capitol, and in courthouses across Texas and throughout the Southwest. The firm serves clients in many areas, including oil and gas, electric energy, employment law, financial services, international trade law, commercial litigation, corporate, technology, trust and estates, and land use, water, and real estate. Please visit mcginnislaw.com for more information.