AUSTIN OR HOUSTON OFFICE LOCATION: Accounts Receivables Coordinator reports to the Accounting Manager. This position will be responsible for AR monitoring and reporting, collections work, daily cash receipts input and client billing work. Other duties will include time and billing related tasks to support other accounting staff and projects to assist the accounting manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred and 10 years of experience preferred. This position requires someone with strong communication skills who is detail oriented, can multi-task and prioritize assignments. Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to act as a team player.
- Daily cash receipt research and input.
- Monitor accounts receivable balances to identify where collections work is required.
- Run AR reports to provide to CFO, Accounting Manager and attorneys.
- Manage Collection work and provide updates to CFO, Accounting Manager and attorneys.
- Process monthly client Statements of Account, review to identify account and collection issues.
- Professionally and respectfully persuade clients to pay on delinquent account balances including providing payment arrangements or discounts for payment.
- Monitor trust accounts and unallocated credits (prepaids) to identify balances to follow up on or remit to the State Comptrollers office as unclaimed property on an annual basis.
- Client billing.
- Billing issues research and resolution.
- EBilling back-up.
- Help field inquiries related to other accounting department tasks, including AP and billing.
- Special projects and other accounting functions as required.
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions.
- Must have strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- High level of proficiency with Excel, Word and automated accounting/billing systems.
- Experience with report writing helpful.
- Effective interpersonal skills along with very good problem solving skills.
- Must be able to show initiative and be adaptable to change.
- Ability to confidently and effectively communicating with stakeholders regarding billing, collection and payment application issues.
Education & Experience:
- Accounting or Finance Degree preferred.
- 10 years of hands-on accounting/accounts receivable experience preferred.
McGinnis Lochridge is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY, PLEASE VERY CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE EXACT INSTRUCTIONS: please email email@example.com with a ONE (1)-page resume and include, in the body of the email, your cover letter of TWO (2) paragraphs. Please ensure your salary requirement is included in the second paragraph. The subject line should be specifically titled: "Accounts Receivables Coordinator/(source where you found the posting)". Thank you for considering our firm!