Job Summary: This position is responsible for first- and second-level troubleshooting for all desktop/application/copier/printing issues via phone/remote/in person in the firm’s Austin office.
- First and second level troubleshooting for all desktop/application/printing issues via phone/remote /in person
- Documenting work done in ticketing system
- Deploy and maintain Windows 10 desktops and laptops
- Deploy and maintain desktop applications including MSOffice 2016, iManage, and any industry specific application
- AD administration including user creation/deletion
- Patch management for workstations
- Experience with creating and deploying PC images
- Inventory control for firm hardware
- Set up and monitoring video conferencing equipment
Windows 710, Office 2007-2016, Windows Server 2008-2016, Exchange 2010-2016 and Exchange Online, SQL, VMWare, Nimble storage, Cisco switches, Sonicwall, Avaya IP Office (not required, but a big plus), Veeam, document management systems (iManage), enterprise time and billing systems (Elite), customer relationship management systems (SalesForce/OnePlace), and ChromeRiver.
- Reliable high-speed internet at home for remote support
- 5 + Microsoft Windows and Office
- 2+ Microsoft Active Directory
- General knowledge of networking concepts
- Demonstrated track record of effective verbal and written communication
- Able to troubleshoot system issues to determine root cause and determine best course of action for resolution
- Self-starter willing to take initiative to identify and own issues and produce effective results
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment, and to respond effectively with calm, resourcefulness, and flexibility in demanding situations
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well and independently under pressure
- Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, cooperative, and client-centric spirit that embraces diversity and inclusion
- Able to participate in a rotating after hours (24x7) on-call support schedule
- Occasional travel to Dallas, Houston, and Decatur offices
How to Apply
Please email a ONE (1)-page resume and include, in the body of the email a TWO (2) paragraph cover email. Please ensure your salary requirement is included in the second paragraph. The subject line should be specifically titled: "Help Desk/’the source where you found the listing’." Thank you for considering our firm! McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.
For more than 90 years, McGinnis Lochridge has provided legal expertise through its offices in Austin, Houston, Dallas, and Decatur, Texas. McGinnis Lochridge provides legal counsel on business and financial matters, as well as advocacy for clients before administrative agencies, at the State Capitol, and in courthouses across Texas and throughout the Southwest. The firm serves clients in many areas, including oil and gas, electric energy, employment law, financial services, international trade law, commercial litigation, technology, trust and estates, healthcare, hospitality, higher education, and real estate. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, paid training, parking allowance, paid leave time, and business casual work environment. Visit mcginnislaw.com for more information.