The Marketing Coordinator works with the firm’s Marketing Advisory Committee, practice groups, individual attorneys, and firm operations to implement business development and marketing plans and objectives. The role offers the right candidate an opportunity to take ownership of a variety of marketing and business development initiatives in a collaborative environment and maintains direct interaction with outside advertising partners, clients and community partners. The Marketing Coordinator will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Work closely with the Marketing Advisory Committee to develop and implement the firm’s business development and marketing plans and objectives
- Work closely with each practice group to develop and implement its business development and marketing plans and objectives
- Create and post content for the firm’s social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website, that will enhance the firm’s visibility in a manner that is consistent with its business development and marketing goals and firm voice
- Help individual attorneys manage their social media profiles and pages and connect with relevant and related groups
- Engage in research, analysis, and intelligence gathering, especially regarding emerging market and industry trends, for use in strategic planning, competitive firm positioning, and business development activities
- Coordinate the firm’s RFP process and assist attorneys in the preparation of legal services proposals, requests for information, and responses to RFPs
- Develop and coordinate public relations, community, and media relationships, communications, and events; serve as the firm’s visible representative for its business development and marketing approaches and initiatives
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement of the content of the firm’s website, marketing materials, and social media presence
- Design, write, and produce marketing collateral (flyers, brochures, email blasts, newsletters, press releases, etc.)
- Plan, promote, coordinate, support, and evaluate firm-sponsored meetings and events
- Oversee maintenance of client data, including championing and maximizing the firm’s implementation and effective use of its customer relationship management software
- Oversee business and professional association memberships and work with attorneys to maximize these relationships through speaking engagements, committee participation, and leadership roles
- Work effectively with outside vendors that provide communications, advertising, technology, and other business development and marketing services
- Prepare and manage business development and marketing budgets and monitor and control department expenditures accordingly, including individual attorney business development expenses and event sponsorships
- Conduct business development and marketing process and procedure orientation for newly hired attorneys
- Work with the firm’s outside consultants who provide the firm with strategic business development and marketing advice and assist in implementing those strategies
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field; non-practicing attorneys are also welcome to apply
- 5 years of progressively responsible business development/marketing work experience in the legal field or other professional services organizations
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, and strong editing and proofreading skills
- Strong experience and proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, SalesForce or other customer relationship management software, and other technology areas, including websites, intranets, databases, knowledge management tools, and social media. Skills in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus.
- Experience managing social media presence across multiple platforms for a law firm or similar professional services organization
- Strong project management and event planning abilities, including demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, analyze, organize, attend to detail, and follow through
- Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, proactive, cooperative, and positive client-centric attitude that embraces diversity and inclusion
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About McGinnis Lochridge
For more than 90 years, McGinnis Lochridge has provided legal expertise through its offices in Austin, Houston, Dallas and Decatur, Texas. We are the oldest law firm in Austin and have more than 65 attorneys in the firm. McGinnis Lochridge provides legal counsel on business and financial matters, as well as advocacy for clients before administrate agencies, at the State Capitol, and in courthouses across Texas and throughout the Southwest. The firm serves clients in many areas, including oil and gas, electric energy, employment law, financial services, international trade law, commercial litigation, corporate, technology, trust and estates, and land use, water, and real estate.