Job Summary: The Legal Secretary provides administrative support services for a group of three Litigation attorneys. This position may also be asked to handle additional office administrational duties.
For more than 90 years, McGinnis Lochridge has provided legal expertise through its offices in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, Texas. McGinnis Lochridge provides legal counsel on business and financial matters, as well as advocacy for clients before administrative agencies, at the State Capitol, and in courthouses across Texas and throughout the Southwest. The firm serves clients in many areas, including oil and gas, electric energy, employment law, financial services, international trade law, commercial litigation, technology, trust and estates, healthcare, hospitality, higher education, and real estate. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, excellent benefits, paid training, parking allowance, paid leave time, and business casual work environment. Visit mcginnislaw.com for more information.
- Schedule appointments, receive and make telephone calls, open and sort mail, make travel arrangements, and perform other administrative duties.
- Schedule and coordinate depositions, court reporters, and videographers.
- Input information into a time and billing, customer relationship management, and document management systems
- Draft, type, format, and revise many different types of legal, agency, and business documents.
- Calendar deadlines from incoming mail, pleadings, and hearings.
- E-file in state and federal courts and make service on opposing parties.
- Maintain files and indexes.
- Maintain privacy rules by not revealing information other than to the appropriate parties involved in a legal action.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3+ years of legal secretary experience.
- This is not a remote or hybrid position.
- Training from a business/vocational school or other legal education preferred.
- Proficient with local, state, and federal filing rules, elementary legal procedures, and legal and business terminology.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with any enterprise time and billing system, preferably Elite and Webview.
- Familiar with any customer relationship management system, preferably SalesForce/OnePlace.
- Familiar with any document management system, preferably iManage.
- Proficient with transcription equipment and able to transcribe.
- Detail oriented and able to prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure.
- Professional, polite, and positive client-centric attitude.
- Railroad Commission experience preferred.
- Office administrative experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter (including salary expectation) is required, and applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.