As both an Aggie and a Longhorn graduate, Sophia prides herself in bridging the gap between parties to find practical solutions for her clients. Her legal practice focuses on a wide variety of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financing, and commercial real estate matters. Additionally, she advises clients throughout their development, from entity formation and corporate governance to advising clients as outside corporate counsel. She is a member of the firm’s Women’s Initiative Committee and Diversity Committee, where she serves as liaison to the Austin Bar Association Diversity Fellowship Program. Sophia was previously an associate at an Am Law 50 firm in the Corporate Finance practice group.
Sophia earned her J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where she served as President of the Student Bar Association, member of the Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Team, and Associate Editor for The Review of Litigation. During her time in law school, Sophia was one of ten named to the Order of Barristers in the Class of 2017 for top achievements in oral advocacy.
In her free time, Sophia enjoys working with her partner on all things home improvement to make their East Austin home a vibrant representation of their life.
News & Publications
- March 18, 2019
- Co-Speaker, Occurrence Based Loss of Use - Force Majeure, Impossibility of Performance, Casualty Loss, Civil Unrest, and Related Issues, 2020 Leasing Institute, UT Law CLE, WebcastNovember 12, 2020
- March 18, 2019
- Author, Adam & Eve, Adam & Steve, and Ada & Eve: Gender Neutrality in Defining Parental Status in Assisted Reproduction, The Review of Litigation, Volume 36, No. 4, Winter 2018, at 74303.18.2019
- Co-Author, A Look at the Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Covering Pretrial Matters and Discovery, National Association of Chapter Thirteen Trustees Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 2, January-March 201703.18.2019
Community & Professional
- Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Member (2020-present)
- Texas Law Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Team, Coach (2018-present)
- Texas Law Austin Young Alumni Steering Committee, Committee Chair (2019-present)
- Texas Law 2017 Class Committee, Permanent Class President (2017-present)
- Texas Aggie Bar Association, Board Member (2017-present), Scholarship Committee Chair (2019-present), Secretary (2020-present)