As both an Aggie and a Longhorn graduate, Sophia prides herself in bridging the gap between parties to find solutions for her clients. Her legal practice focuses on a wide variety of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financing, and commercial real estate matters. Additionally, she advises clients throughout their development, from entity formation and corporate governance to advising clients as outside corporate counsel. She is a member of the firm’s Women’s Initiative Committee and Diversity Committee, where she serves as liaison to the Austin Bar Association Diversity Fellowship Program. Sophia was previously an associate at an Am Law 50 firm in the Corporate Finance practice group.
Sophia earned her J.D. from The University of Texas School of Law, where she served as President of the Student Bar Association, member of the Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Team, and Associate Editor for The Review of Litigation. During her time in law school, Sophia was one of ten named to the Order of Barristers in the Class of 2017 for top achievements in oral advocacy.
In her free time, Sophia enjoys working with her partner on all things home improvement to make their home a vibrant representation of their life.
- Representation of company lenders and borrowers in debt financings.
- Drafting and reviewing of purchase agreements, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, and related documents for mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Providing due diligence review of documents in connection with mergers and acquisition transactions.
- Representation of clients in independent contractor agreements, employment agreements and various types of equity compensation arrangements.
- Representation of companies at formation through dissolution, both for-profit and nonprofit, including entity selection, ownership structure, drafting and advising on corporate governance documents.
- Representation of real estate companies in the purchase and sale of commercial properties, financing and refinancing of commercial properties, and negotiation of commercial leases.
- Representation of foreign investors in financing the acquisition and development of a 2,500-acre ranch in Central Texas for a master-planned community.
News & Publications
- Co-Speaker, Occurrence Based Loss of Use - Force Majeure, Impossibility of Performance, Casualty Loss, Civil Unrest, and Related Issues, 2020 Leasing Institute, UT Law CLE, WebcastNovember 12, 2020
- March 18, 2019
- Author, Adam & Eve, Adam & Steve, and Ada & Eve: Gender Neutrality in Defining Parental Status in Assisted Reproduction, The Review of Litigation, Volume 36, No. 4, Winter 2018, at 74303.18.2019
- Co-Author, A Look at the Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure Covering Pretrial Matters and Discovery, National Association of Chapter Thirteen Trustees Quarterly, Vol. 29, No. 2, January-March 201703.18.2019
Honors & Recognitions
- Listed in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America 2024 for Corporate Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and Real Estate Law
Community & Professional
- The SAFE Alliance Affordable Housing Corporation, Board Member (2023-present)
- Austin LGBT Chamber of Commerce, Member (2020-present)
- Texas Law Duberstein National Bankruptcy Moot Court Team, Coach (2018-present)
- Texas Law 2017 Class Committee, Permanent Class President (2017-present)
- Texas Aggie Bar Association, Board Member (2017-2023), Scholarship Committee Chair (2019-2021), Secretary (2020-2021)
The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2017 (Order of the Barristers; Associate Editor, The Review of Litigation)
Texas A&M University, B.A., 2014 (magna cum laude)