McGinnis Lochridge seeks an experienced and ambitious mid - senior level bankruptcy attorney. Professional and intelligent individuals with diversity of perspective, background, education and/or experience are highly encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years’ applicable experience in Chapter 11 representation and Chapter 7 commercial cases, ability to work both independently and as a team player and possess an established book of business. This position is full time, partnership track. The candidate may be located in either the Austin or Houston office. Title and compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
- Represent and counsel creditors, contractual counter-parties, vendors and clients across a variety of industries from local and regional bankruptcy cases to large “mega” cases;
- Collaborate with members of the Firm’s litigation, corporate and transactional, oil and gas and other practice groups on matters involving bankruptcy, potential bankruptcy and financial restructuring and insolvency issues;
- Advise clients regarding restructuring and insolvency matters;
- Represent clients in contested cases and adversary hearings in bankruptcy courts in all Texas districts;
- Provide legal analysis and strategy formation;
- Counsel clients on security interests under the Texas Business & Commerce Code, real estate financing and financing mechanic’s liens, and debt collection;
- Representation in both judicial and non-judicial enforcement of liens;
- Licensed in the State of Texas
- Licensed in the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts
- 10 years of experience
- Strong knowledge of Title 11
- Familiarity with Texas bankruptcy courts
- Experience in commercial litigation and representation in financial transactions a plus
- Demonstrated business development experience and success
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong research, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Prepare and present CLE presentations on bankruptcy matters
- Participate in firm-sponsored meetings and events
- Be active in community and professional associations and activities
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), PACER, Adobe Acrobat. Position will also require use of iManage or other document management system, and Elite or other enterprise timekeeping system
- Professional, tactful, honest, respectful, courteous, proactive, cooperative, and positive client-centric attitude that embraces diversity and inclusion
McGinnis Lochridge is a Texas-based firm proudly providing the highest quality legal services for more than 90 years. We work with individuals, small and medium-sized businesses, and multinational Fortune 500 corporations in more than 20 practice areas. From our offices in Austin, Dallas, Decatur, and Houston, we represent clients throughout Texas and the U.S. McGinnis Lochridge has a longstanding and unwavering commitment to hiring exceptional talent. We actively foster a collegial and friendly atmosphere and workplace environment, while upholding the highest standards. We work to maintain a balanced culture, believing that outside interests and strong community bonds make better lawyers. McGinnis Lochridge offers competitive salary, paid training, parking, full benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, paid leave, and a fun business casual work environment. Visit www.mcginnislaw.com for more information.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cover letter (including salary expectation) is required, and applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. McGinnis Lochridge is an equal employment opportunity employer.