About Us: McGinnis Lochridge is a Texas-based firm providing the highest quality legal services for more than 90 years. We work with individuals, small and medium sized businesses, and multinational Fortune 500 corporations in more than 20 practice areas. As a mid-sized firm, we have a low associate-to-partner ratio, reflective of a firm committed to developing associates into future partners of the firm. Indeed, many leadership positions at McGinnis Lochridge are held by former summer associates.
What to Expect: Our summer associate program provides a realistic experience of life as an associate at McGinnis Lochridge.
- Substantive Projects. As a summer associate, you will be an integral part of our team, working on substantive projects for our clients.
- Hands-On Experience. You’ll get to see your work product in action, participating in client meetings and attending mediations, depositions, hearings, and other court appearances.
- We want your summer experience to be the first step towards a rewarding career with us. Our seasoned attorneys are here to guide you along the way, answering questions and preparing you for practice.
- Professional Development. We offer curated trainings and networking opportunities to help you prepare for practice and build your professional network.
- Our workplace is collegial, friendly, and inclusive. Our summer social events are thoughtfully planned to help us get to know each other. And, because we know you have interests outside of work, we are mindful of how many events we plan.
What We’re Looking For: A successful summer associate will have strong academic credentials with excellent research and writing skills. Summer associates must also have strong communication skills. In our collaborative environment, the ability to communicate your legal analysis and build rapport with stakeholders is essential. Additionally, a successful summer associate will show initiative and be proactive in seeking opportunities.
How to Apply: We are seeking first- and second-year law students for our eight-week summer program, which will run from approximately mid-May through mid-July 2024. Our Summer 2024 Program will be located in our Austin office, and we are specifically seeking students with a strong interest in our litigation or corporate practice groups, although summer associates in either practice group will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects.
To apply for our Summer Associate Program, please submit your resume, cover letter, transcript (if available), and a writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your name and “Summer 2024” in the subject line of your email.