AUSTIN, TEXAS (March 8, 2013) – McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, L.L.P. congratulates J. Derrick Price, Brian T. Thompson, Michael Kabat, April Lucas, Carl Galant and Stephen Orsinger on being named to the 2013 Texas Rising Stars List, a Thomson Reuters service.
- Derrick Price is recognized in Energy and Natural Resources. Derrick’s experience is in oil and gas litigation and includes disputes over surface use, joint operating agreements, royalty underpayment, gas measurement, lease covenants and mineral ownership.
- Brian Thompson is recognized in Business Litigation. He concentrates his practice in the areas of products liability/pharmaceutical litigation, legal malpractice defense, creditors’ rights and commercial litigation.
- Michael Kabat has a broad litigation practice, representing small and large businesses and individuals in state and federal court as both plaintiffs and defendants. Michael also has experience representing clients before state and federal courts of appeals. Michael’s areas of practice include attorney malpractice defense, business disputes, collections and creditor rights, breach of contract, trademark and patent infringement, and condemnation and landowners’ rights.
- April Lucas focuses her practice on general litigation. She handles a diverse body of civil matters for both plaintiffs and defendants, representing clients in commercial disputes.
- Carl Galant handles a broad practice involving state and federal litigation and state regulatory and administrative matters, primarily in the areas of natural resources, energy, health and financial services. He also represents both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial disputes in state and federal court.
- Stephen Orsinger focuses his practice in general civil litigation, family law and appeals. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants in state, federal and appellate courts in Texas.
The Rising Star honor is reserved for the top Texas attorneys who are 40 years old or younger, or have been in practice fewer than 10 years. This is an exclusive list, recognizing no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state.
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process, which results in a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
The Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazines and in leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country. Super Lawyers Magazines also feature editorial profiles of attorneys who embody excellence in their practice of law. For more information about Super Lawyers, go to SuperLawyers.com.