McGinnis Lochridge attorneys assist on the formation of tax-exempt organizations and counsel clients through all stages of development and complex government issues. We have handled a number of legal matters for new and established tax-exempt organizations. We offer knowledge and experience in both tax and non-tax issues, including board structuring and education, fund-raising policies and procedures, general litigation, labor and employment, general business and finance, real estate, strategic planning, and employee benefits.
Our experience includes:
- Assisting with the application to the IRS for tax-exempt status and development of the appropriate tax exempt structure.
- Advising clients on state, federal, and local tax issues and ongoing compliance.
- Guiding clients through mergers and acquisitions.
- Assisting with real estate purchasing and finance.
- Representing clients during an IRS audit and investigation.
- Advising clients on tax and corporate compliance.