On Thursday, February 6, Partner Austin Brister will speak to the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation as part of the organization’s Breakfast and Oil and Gas Update CLE program, in Houston, Texas.
Austin will provide the audience a multi-jurisdictional review of recent cases relevant to upstream oil and gas operators, non-operators, and interest owners. A wide range of topics will be discussed including:
- the role of expert testimony and prior drafts in construing unambiguous contracts
- offset drilling obligations
- calculations of compensatory royalties for horizontal wellbores
- lease termination issues
- surface use restrictions and accommodation issues
- retained acreage and continuous development disputes
- subsurface trespass by hydraulic fracturing title issues
- enforceability of correction deeds, and
- the use of contract operators under joint operating agreements.
Austin is an active member of the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, where he serves as Vice-Chair of its Young Professionals Committee.