Austin is a member of the firm’s General Litigation and Electric Energy practice groups. His litigation practice focuses on resolving disputes of all kinds in state and federal courts, state and federal agencies, and arbitration. Austin has handled disputes across a variety of industries, including construction, oil and gas, insurance, healthcare, and real estate. Prior to joining McGinnis Lochridge, Austin worked for another Texas firm where he had a diverse litigation practice.
- Obtained partial summary judgment on behalf of a mineral interest owner in a title and royalty dispute with an oil and gas operator.
- Successfully resolved federal trademark infringement suit on behalf of trademark holder against copycat business.
- Successfully authored brief in support of a motion for reconsideration of the federal district court’s order dismissing claims without prejudice leading the court to issue a new order conditionally dismissing claims.
- Lead counsel in AAA arbitration involving claims of breach of contract, construction defect, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Co-Author and Presenter, Sovereign Immunity or “The Game of Thrones” (It’s a Great Day for a Red Wedding), Edit Advanced Government Law CLE, State Bar of Texas, July 2022
Community & Professional
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Leadership Academy Class of 2022
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2019 (cum laude)
- Associate Editor, Pepperdine Law Review (2018-2019)
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Geography and minor in History, 2013
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas