Austin is a member of the firm’s General Litigation practice group. His practice focuses on resolving disputes of all kinds on behalf of individuals, companies, and governmental entities in state and federal courts. Austin has handled disputes across a variety of industries, including construction, oil and gas, insurance, healthcare, real estate, manufacturing, and technology. From drafting critical motions to trial advocacy to appeals, Austin is comfortable in all phases of litigation.
Each and every dispute is different, and Austin knows this. As a result, he does not employ a one-size-fits-all approach to litigation. At the outset of each matter, Austin works with his clients to identify key objectives and develop a pragmatic and cost-effective litigation strategy. With a plan in place, Austin takes action on behalf of his clients, and continues working (both in and out of the courtroom) until a resolution is reached.
In addition to his litigation practice, Austin has significant experience representing clients before state and federal administrative agencies - including the Public Utility Commission, the Texas Medical Board, the Texas Board of Nursing, the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, the Texas State Securities Board, the Texas Workforce Commission, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
More than anything, Austin enjoys representing local companies and is proud to be part of a firm that has served the city for more than 95 years.
Austin is a native Texan and has called Austin home for the majorty of his life. Austin is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and a cum laude graduate of the Pepperdine University School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Austin worked for another Texas-based firm where he maintained a diverse litigation and administrative practice. Prior to law school, Austin worked for the non-profit Young Life in Dorado, Puerto Rico.
- Obtained partial summary judgment in McMullen County, Texas on behalf of a mineral interest owner in a title and royalty dispute with an oil and gas operator.
- Obtained full dismissal in Travis County, Texas on behalf of property owner sued by neighbor for property damage claims.
- Obtained temporary restraining order and temporary injunction in Hays County, Texas in favor of business owner and against neigboring property owner in private nuisance case.
- Obtained temporary restraining order in Caldwell County, Texas in favor of water supply corporation against property owner impeding access to utility easement.
- Obtained temporary restraining order in Travis County, Texas in favor of owners of historic farm against real estate developer engaged in construction on disputed lands.
- Obtained temporary restraining order in Harris County, Texas in favor of drilling manufacturing company against vendor wrongfully possessing client's property.
- Succesfully resolved mineral title dispute in Potter County, Texas between buyer and seller of mineral interests through online auction.
- Principal drafter of briefs in interlocutory appeal to the Waco Court of Appeals on behalf of county defendant in case involving claims for declaratory relief and inverse condemnation.
- Successfully resolved federal trademark infringement suit against copycat business.
- Obtained numerous summary judgments on behalf of county defendants for §1983 claims alleging violations of U.S. Constitution.
- Obtained Rule 12(b)(1) dismissal on behalf of county defendants in election fraud suit.
- Successful resolved numerous product defect claims against manufactuers of automobiles and heavy machinery.
- Lead counsel on behalf of general contractor in AAA arbitration involving claims of breach of contract, construction defect, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Lead counsel on behalf of auto dealer in JAMS arbitration involving claims for delay in issuance of title.
- Obtained numerous dismissals of disciplinary proceedings on behalf of physicians, physician assistants, nurses, and dentists before the Texas Medical Board, Texas Board of Nursing, and Texas State Board of Dental Examiners.
- Obtained reduction in disciplinary sanction on behalf of physician before the Medical Board of California.
- Sucessfully negotiated reduced disciplinary sanction on behalf of investment advisor before the Texas State Securities Board.
- Co-Author and Presenter, Sovereign Immunity or “The Game of Thrones” (It’s a Great Day for a Red Wedding), Edit Advanced Government Law CLE, State Bar of Texas, July 2022
Community & Professional
- Austin Bar Association (2019 - Present)
- Austin Young Lawyers Association (2019 - Present)
- AYLA Leadership Academy (Class of 2022)
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel (2019 - Present)
- UT Austin Young Life, Committee (2023 - Present)
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., 2019 (cum laude)
- Associate Editor, Pepperdine Law Review (2018-2019)
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Geography and minor in History, 2013
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Western, Northern, and Southern Districts of Texas