Ms. Curtis is a chapter 7, chapter 11, and subchapter V chapter 11 bankruptcy trustee in the Southern District of Texas. Ms. Curtis has focused her experience on bankruptcy practice and related litigation. She has represented creditors and debtors in chapter 7, chapter 11, and chapter 13 cases, and debtors in chapter 12 bankruptcy cases. In addition, Ms. Curtis has represented chapter 7 trustees in the Southern and Western District of Texas, and a variety of clients suffering economic distress who seek workouts outside of bankruptcy. Ms. Curtis is a council member on the Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, and she regularly speaks and is on the planning committees for bankruptcy CLE events throughout the Southern District of Texas.
News & Publications
- Author, "Impact of the CARES Act on Chapter 13 Debtors”, Bankruptcy Law Section Spring 2021 Newsletter, February 2021.
Community & Professional
- Member of the Young Lawyers’ Committee for the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Rio Grande Valley Bankruptcy Bar Association: President
- Vice President - Diversity and Inclusion Committee of the Bankruptcy Section of the State Bar of Texas.
- Member of the Planning Committee for the Jay L. Westbrook Bankruptcy Conference
- Member of the Planning Committee for 2023 Bankruptcy Section of State Bar of Texas Bench Bar
Texas Wesleyan School of Law (now Texas A&M University School of Law), J.D. Magna Cum Laude
University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in History, minor in Spanish
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas