McGinnis Lochridge provides counsel through every step of the tax planning process. We represent businesses in federal, state, local, and international tax controversy matters. We have experience working with organizations including, tax exempt and cooperative associations. We are experienced with tax-free reorganizations along with structuring entities and their stakeholders for maximum tax efficiency through C Corporations or S corporations and their shareholders, LLCs and their members; partnerships and the partners, or through utilization of disregarded entities.
Our experience includes:
- Providing guidance through choice-of-entity decisions.
- Advising clients on employee vs. independent contractor tax issues.
- Guiding clients through the tax effects of mergers and acquisitions.
- Assisting with employment taxes.
- Implementing tax-free reorganizations through mergers, split-ups of spin-offs.
- Representing clients against national and international tax authorities in disputed tax assessments.
- Structuring transactions to qualify for tax credits, such as low income housing tax credit.
- Advising clients on any exchange of like-kind properties (Section 1031).
- August 19, 2021
- November 5, 2020
- June 17, 2020
- January 7, 2020
- December 30, 2019
- McGinnis Lochridge Talks Cryptocurrencies and Taxes at Austin Blockchain Collective Community MeetupAugust 20, 2018