Doug focuses his practice on estate planning through the use of trusts, family business entities, and life insurance. His experience includes charitable planning, asset protection planning, and planning to mitigate transfer tax and income tax. He is an expert in charitable planning, asset protection planning, and planning for mitigation of transfer tax and income tax.
Doug is a frequent speaker as various estate planning organizations and associations including: Austin Financial Planners Association, Texas Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Victoria Estate Planning Council, and the National Business Institute-CPA/CLE, Austin Chapter of CPAs.
News & Publications
Honors & Recognition
- Board Certified in Estate Planning and Probate Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America®, Trusts and Estates, 2020 - 2021
- Austin Monthly's Top Austin Attorneys 2020, Wills, Estate Planning
Community & Professional
- Instructor for Estate Planning with the Certified Financial Planning Program at University of Texas at Austin
- University of Texas at Austin, Distinguished Instructor (2010)
- Society of Financial Services Professionals, Austin chapter, President
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Austin chapter, Board Member
Louisiana State University School of Law, J.D., 2004
Louisiana State University School of Business, M.B.A. (concentration in accounting and internal audit), 2003
University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 1997
- North Carolina