The attorneys of our Wealth Preservation and Estate Planning Group counsel and represent clients regarding estate planning, probate, guardianship, tax-exempt organizations, charitable giving and federal tax matters.
We counsel and represent executors, administrators, trustees, agents and beneficiaries with respect to fiduciary law issues and we also assist fiduciaries with the performance of the legal aspects of their responsibilities. We frequently represent such clients in contested and uncontested trust and estate matters, including will contests, will construction suits, property characterization disputes, trust and estate accounting controversies, and breach of fiduciary duty litigation.
Our attorneys also have years of experience dealing with formation of tax-exempt organizations, as well as issues relating to tax-exempt status, charitable contributions, unrelated business income, private inurement, director liability, and controversies with the Office of the Attorney General of Texas.
Our experience includes:
- Planning to minimize estate, gift, generation-skipping transfer and income taxes.
- Preparing wills, trusts and ancillary estate planning documents, such as durable general powers of attorney, directives to physician, and medical powers of attorney.
- Forming of business entities for tax, succession and asset-protection planning purposes.
- Performing other legal services in connection with related estate, business and succession planning.
Trust, Estate & Probate Litigation
We represent personal representatives of estates, trustees, guardians, agents and beneficiaries in contested and uncontested trust and estate matters, such as will contests, will construction suits, property characterization disputes, trust and estate accounting controversies, and breach of fiduciary duty litigation. Such controversies often arise in the context of family disputes, and frequently involve family partnerships and other family-owned business organizations, as well as contested trust and estate issues. Our experience includes resolution of such controversies through litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
- August 19, 2021
- November 5, 2020
- January 7, 2020
- January 2, 2020
- October 4, 2016
- November 2, 2015
- September 5, 2014
- November 1, 2012
- November 3, 2011
- Ten McGinnis Lochridge Practice Areas Make 2010 List of Best Law Firms in U.S., a U.S. News & World Report PublicationSeptember 20, 2010