Ian is a member of the firm’s General Litigation practice group. As an Associate, Ian is equipped to handle a diverse set of legal matters. He has experience in a variety of areas, including: commercial litigation in state and federal courts; state and federal administrative and regulatory compliance (data security and privacy, public utilities, healthcare, and consumer finance); contested hearings before the State Office of Administrative Hearings; international trade compliance (EAR, FTR, and ITAR); and business and partnership disputes. Ian works closely with the Firm’s partners by providing concise research on complex legal issues.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ian worked for the Joint Distribution Committee in Tel Aviv, Israel and Riga, Latvia. In that role, Ian coordinated the Committee’s juvenile rights division in Central Israel, supported community leadership in fostering government relations, worked with legal counsel to provide property restitution for confiscated communal assets, and assisted in the distribution of humanitarian aid.
News & Publications
- February 5, 2021
- Co-Author, The Lion’s Share: Federal Law, State Sovereign Immunity, and Intellectual Property, Advanced Intellectual Property Litigation CLE, State Bar of Texas, July 2021July 2021
- Author, Resurrecting Magnuson-Moss Rulemaking: The FTC at a Data Security Crossroads, Emory Law Journal Volume 69, Issue 42020
Honors & Recognition
- Dean’s Recognition of Professional Development (2019)
Community & Professional
- Austin Bar Association (2020-present)
- Order of the Coif, Emory Law School (2020-present)
- Emory Law Journal, Articles Editor (2019)
Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2020 (with High Honors); Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Emory Law Journal
University of Georgia with a B.A. in International Affairs and minor in Arabic, 2015 (magna cum laude)
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas