Marcus is a trial attorney who specializes in complex commercial, business, and partnership disputes. He practices in a wide variety of industries, and frequently represents both individuals and entities with their most pressing needs. His matters span across the State of Texas, and Marcus appears frequently in both state and federal court. Marcus’ matters entail fiduciary duty disputes; partnership termination and wind up disputes; business fraud and theft; various contract actions and disputes; lien disputes; disputes over purchase and sale agreements, non-competes, and various other corporate agreements.
While clerking for Judge Mike Engelhart of the 151st District Court in 2012, Marcus assisted the Court with legal research and motion memoranda. Prior to law school, Marcus interned in the office of Secretary James Baker, III.
Marcus is a Texas native, born and raised in Houston.
- Represented business and obtained judgment against parties claiming ownership in such business.
- Represented various local and national entities in partnership disputes. Represented numerous lenders to recover millions of dollars in collateral due to failures to pay under various contracts.
- Represented plaintiff in civil RICO lawsuit based fraudulent invoices sold to plaintiff, and assisted with obtaining multi-million dollar judgment against responsible parties.
- Represented ranch owner plaintiff against family members in a dispute involving transfers of family limited partnership interests. Judgment entered rescinding transfers and restoring ownership of the ranch and business to plaintiff.
- Represented executor and sole beneficiary in will contest matter where adoption by estoppel was alleged by putative adoptee. The case settled after jury selection.
News & Publications
- 16 McGinnis Lochridge Attorneys Named 2023 Best Lawyers in America & 3 Named 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch08.18.2022
- August 19, 2021
- January 4, 2021
- The Best Lawyers in America 2021 Names William H. Daniel as ‘Lawyer of the Year,’ Recognizes 18 McGinnis Lochridge AttorneysAugust 20, 2020
- July 31, 2018
- October 4, 2016
- August 21, 2020
- Co-Author, A Survey of Depth Severance Issues and Related Drafting Considerations, 63 Rocky Mt. Min. L. Inst. 30-1July 2017
- October 27, 2017
- March 10, 2017
- Co-Author Attorneys Fees, 8th Annual Course - Business Disputes, TexasBar CLE, Houston, TexasSeptember 22, 2016
Honors & Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America©: Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2022
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, a Thomson Reuters service, Business Litigation, 2022
Community & Professional
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Aggie Bar Association
University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2014
Texas A&M University, B.A., (2010)
- United States District Court for the Southern, Western, Eastern, and Northern Districts of Texas