William assists clients with complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on oil & gas related matters. William’s experience includes defending clients at temporary injunctions hearings, including as the first chair, successfully representing clients before the Texas Supreme Court on merits briefing, drafting and arguing dispositive motions for matters in state and federal court, and handling interlocutory appeals before Texas courts.
Prior to joining the firm, William served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Thomas M. Reavley of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He also worked as an associate at an Am Law 100 law firm in Houston.
- Successfully defended clients on merits briefing before the Texas Supreme Court. Following merits briefing, the Texas Supreme Court denied review.
- Served as the first chair in defending an application for a temporary injunction in an oil and gas lease termination suit. The case was resolved with a favorable settlement for the client.
- Defended clients at a preliminary injunction hearing regarding trademark infringement claims in federal court.
- Successfully represented a secured creditor in securing hundreds of thousands of dollars from a Chapter 13 bankruptcy debtor.
- Represented clients in interlocutory appeals before several Texas intermediate appellate courts.
- Defended a client from a potential preferential transfer action in relation to a large retail bankruptcy.
News & Publications
- Led by McGinnis Lochridge Team, Austin-Based SP Global Defeats Preliminary Injunction Bid In Fight Over Gluten Free Noodle TrademarkNovember 9, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- August 12, 2019
Honors & Recognition
- Chicago Bar Association and Spurgeon Bell Memorial Moot Court Competition Winner
- John F. Ensle Award In Evidence 16’–17’
- Seven-time CALI Award Recipient
Community & Professional
- Bar Association of The Fifth Federal Circuit
- Gentlemen’s Committee, Cattle Baron’s Ball
- Houston Bar Association: Litigation Section; Oil, Gas & Mineral Law Section
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2017 (summa cum laude, Assistant Note and Comment Editor, South Texas Law Review)
University Of Nebraska, B.A., Journalism, 2013
- Southern District of Texas
- Southern District of Texas – Bankruptcy Courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- All Texas State Courts